Friday, October 28, 2011

Time Goes by So Fast!

I always think I'm keeping up with this thing, then I log on to write another post and realize it's been two months since my last entry. Wow, I didn't realize how long it had been.

Since my last entry, we have returned Bianca to the shelter. She is a great little kitty, but AJ is just not ready for a pet. He was way too rough, going so far as picking her up and throwing her, and even jumping on her from the couch. I spent hours trying to teach him to 'play nice', but finally decided he's just too young right now. So, we will wait until later (much later, if it's up to me) to invest in another pet again. Now, if I can just keep Akeem from surprising me with one. :)

As most of you know, we've moved from Texas to Springdale, Arkansas. We are definitely in an adjustment period, but it's getting better and we are getting used to our new town. (I don't know if I'm ready for the winter up here, though. I've heard it can get pretty bad.) When you're new to a city, it helps if you get out and find things to do. Since moving, we've gone to a safari park in Gentry and to see the air show in Ft. Smith. And, of course, we've made a stop by the local Chucky Cheese, always a hit with the boys.

 
Here are some pics from our outings for your viewing pleasure. (I promise, Aunt Netta, you will get to see them in person BEFORE they graduate high school. But, I hope these will do for now.)


 Things are really starting to look good for us. We are getting settled in and more comfortable with our surroundings. My job is going great. Akeem is getting accustomed to his job and looking into getting his foot back in the door with Tyson. We live in a good neighborhood with lots of kids for AJ and Jabari to play with. And, every day I think, wow, we've been here almost four months and it feels like we just moved yesterday. Time goes by so fast!

Until next time...C

No comments:

Post a Comment