Monday, March 28, 2011

Weekend With The Family

We had a great time this weekend. We didn't do a whole lot, just hung around the house, played outside, cooked steaks and pork chops on the grill, and rode the go cart. Of course, I was left out of the go cart fun, but everyone else had a blast. Here are some of the pics I got.
I still can't believe that Dad actually got Mom to ride on the thing. She swore she absolutely would not do it.

Akeem and Patrick, doing donuts in the front yard.
Of course, we did more than just play on the go cart. The boys played outside practically the whole day. Whether it was on their bikes, which in AJ's case is a little train, or in the back of Akeem's truck, it was definitely a beautiful day to be outside. And, we made the most of it.


Daddy was totally worn out.
Patrick and Faith had a good time.
Of course, we couldn't just play outside all day. After a hard day's play, everyone needs a good rest.

I think this is Dad's favorite. AJ was so happy to see him and didn't leave Pawpaw's side the whole weekend.

The weekend was perfect. It makes me really homesick, though. I hope to get back home someday soon. I definitely want to be back home when the boys start playing ball. My dad want's to be able to coach AJ, like he coached me and Patrick when we played ball. I hope he will be able to. I guess it will depend on if AJ is into sports. Although, with his lineage, I don't know how he couldn't. I think it's in our blood. Sometimes, I still miss being on the basketball court and I know that Patty misses baseball a lot.

Hopefully, soon we will able to do this more often. Until then, I will hold these times together close to my heart. You know, I spent years in Memphis, hours away from my parents, and I really never got homesick. I was young, in my twenties, and I didn't have any children. I think the kids make the biggest difference. It seems more important now, to be close to family, to have those ties. It's really important to me that AJ and Jabari have a close relationship with their grandparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment